Firmware Engineer / FPGA Developer
This is a technical position reporting to the CTO with a supporting role within the Engineering Department. Primary focus is on the amplifier's digital control board based on Xilinx ZYNQ architecture.
The position requires hands-on bench testing and debugging of digital hardware, interfacing with customers during design reviews and system tests and working with vendors to explain special requirements and to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to vendor-supplied material.
- Actively participate in HW/FW and software requirements documentation and ICD
- Design high speed LVDS bus.
- Design and implement firmware components to meet design requirements
- Create basic firmware architecture and write code for individual components using commonly used embedded system design languages Verilog or VHDL, as well as tools such as Vivado and ISE
- Capacity to design and implement multilane distributed architecture
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with 4+ years of experience of FPGA design and applications
- Knowledge of embedded systems design, embedded processing and processor interfaces
- Familiarity with MicroBlaze and PicoBlaze softcore processors, as well as ARM architecture
- Experience with DSP algorithm design and implementation
- Experience with Control Theory design and implementation (such as PID loops)
- Experience with high-speed AD/DA conversion design and implementation of LVDS interface at HW/FW level
- Experience with system integration of high speed FPGA design with supervisory CPU and other devices
- FPGA integration, verification, debugging and validation
- Experience interfacing with common hardware devices such as ADC, DAC, EEPROM, Boot Flash, etc.
- Proficient in using various electronic test / measuring equipment including: Digital Multi-meter, Oscilloscope and Logic Analyzer
- Familiarity with some of the following bus systems and related protocols is preferred: serial (RS485/422/232), LVDS, SPI, I2C
- Analog and digital electronics circuit knowledge required and hardware design experience
- Multilane/Pipelined distributed architecture to process high speed data acquisition