Reply by chris_s July 3, 20032003-07-03
I'm looking through the Lattice stuff right now.  Which family would be the
equiv for the XPLA3?
They have quite a few families.

Chris.

Reply by rickman July 3, 20032003-07-03
chris_s wrote:
> > I'm looking through the Lattice stuff right now. Which family would be the > equiv for the XPLA3? > They have quite a few families. > > Chris.
Take a look at the LC4000. They are 1.8 volt core, but come in several versions with internal LDOs to allow operation at other voltages. The ZC (or CZ) version with no LDO is the ultra low power one. If you don't need ultra low power, but need a larger part at a decent price check out the LC5512Mx. Again this is 1.8 volt (MC) internal core with 2.5 (MB) and 3.3 (MV) volt versions available. They quoted me (after some beating about the head and shoulders) a *much* better price than the Xilinx parts. -- Rick "rickman" Collins rick.collins@XYarius.com Ignore the reply address. To email me use the above address with the XY removed. Arius - A Signal Processing Solutions Company Specializing in DSP and FPGA design URL http://www.arius.com 4 King Ave 301-682-7772 Voice Frederick, MD 21701-3110 301-682-7666 FAX
Reply by Chris_S July 3, 20032003-07-03
Hey, a Lattice guy.

What you say makes a lot of sense, and the market share numbers are
interesting.  Yes, I am in Portland right by you.  I'll give the rep a call.
You are right I should probably take a look at Lattice before I decide.
They are the 3rd big player.

Thanks,  Chris.

"Mikeandmax" <mikeandmax@aol.com> wrote in message
> >So both of you are suggesting going a different direction than Altera. > > > >I have been burned twice before by prog logic parts going away. That's
why
> >I am only going to consider designing in something that is in widespread > >use - either Altera or Xilinix. Its got to be around for >10 years. > > > >The Xilinx XPLA3 are better parts than the MAX3000. Even the Altera FAE > >here admits it. But are they going to be around in the future? I know > >MAX3000 will be around because there are tons of people using them. I
just
> >don't know how many XPLA3 are in use. > > > >Won't touch Atmel, Lattice or anything else. Too risky, too little
market
> >share. > > > > Hi gang - sorry for the marketing blitz below :) > > Hi Chris - > Lattice has over 40% marketshare in CPLD, ALtera has over 40% market share
in
> CPLD, Xilinx is ~10% in CPLD. Lattice has obsoleted very few of the CPLD > device families introduced over the past 11 years ( some older MACH
devices
> from the Vantis acquisition, mainly). Lattice offers multiple different > architectures in CPLD, from 32 macrocells to 1024 macrocells, in 1.8v,
2.5v
> ,3.3v, and 5v. I would strongly recommend Lattice at least be given a
close
> look.(of course I am a bit biased :) ) > I am not sure where "nospam.com" is located, but I am willing to bet we
have
> resources neardby! A local FAE would be happy to talk with you. > > Our downloadable LEVER3 starter software includes Synplicity for
VHDL/VERILOG
> synthesis, ABEL and Schematic capture, funtcional and timing simulation. > Supports all product families. > > Michael Thomas > LSC SFAE > New York/New Jersey > 631-874-4968 fax 631-874-4977 > michael.thomas@latticesemi.com > for the latest info on Lattice products - http://www.latticesemi.com > LATTICE - BRINGING THE BEST TOGETHER >
Reply by Mikeandmax July 3, 20032003-07-03