Reply by Symon January 11, 20052005-01-11
Hi Seyior,
Are you trolling? ;-) A cursory search back through this newsgroup with
Google will show that 'gated clocks' are anathema to everyone here. DON'T DO
IT!
Cheers, Syms.
<seyior> wrote in message news:ee8b070.-1@webx.sUN8CHnE...
> Hi, all: > > Implementing a UART(asic core) into XILINX Virtex2 3000-5. Due to 99%
slices is used (2 slices is unused), the skew of the gated clock in UART is a little large (2-3 ns).
> > On debuging, the UART is work well on some boards, however, occur error on
other boards. And when I add a skew constraint to limit the skew below 1ns, all boards is ok.
> > I hope to know, does par tools do setup / hold check with skew analyse. My
current mapping tools is ISE5.2.03.
> > regards, seyior
Reply by January 11, 20052005-01-11