Reply by gja March 3, 20052005-03-03
I used to have this problem, but it went away after installing XP SP2.

"kcl" <kclo4@free.fr> wrote in message
> Hi > > when i launch ModelSim 5.8c XE, the windows with the logo of modelsim( a > rhinoceros) open and after a few seconds it close and nothing else happen > there no process of modelsim running in the process list of winXP > I don't understand because last week It always run correctly. > I tried to reinstall Modelsim and it don't change > > Does anyone know this problem?? > > Thank you > > Alexis > > >
Reply by Hans February 4, 20052005-02-04
Try "vsim -c" in a DOS box or Cygwin shell and see if you get any error
messages. Use the "lmutil lmdiag" and "set" command to see if your license
file is OK and your LM_LICENSE_FILE variable is pointing to your license
file. Also make sure you don't have any expired features/increment lines in
your file.

Hans
www.ht-lab.com

"kcl" <kclo4@free.fr> wrote in message
| Hi
|
| when i launch ModelSim 5.8c XE, the windows with the logo of modelsim( a
| rhinoceros)  open and after a few seconds it close and nothing else happen
| there no process of modelsim running in the process list of winXP
| I don't understand because last week It always run correctly.
| I tried to reinstall Modelsim and it don't change
|
| Does anyone know this problem??
|
| Thank you
|
| Alexis

Reply by kcl February 3, 20052005-02-03
I just tried and it doesn't work
I checked up licence file with "diagnose" tool, licence is ok and
environment variable is ok too
:'(

"Andrea Sabatini" <andrea@dapdesign_N_O_S_P_A_M_.com> a &#4294967295;crit dans le
message de news: 4202315f$0$28981$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl...
>i had a simular problem with version 5.7 and i solved it removing the file >vsim.wlf (located in my working directory) before running modelsim. > > hope this help. > > Andrea Sabatini > >
Reply by Andrea Sabatini February 3, 20052005-02-03
i had a simular problem with version 5.7 and i solved it removing the file
vsim.wlf (located in my working directory) before running modelsim.

hope this help.

Andrea Sabatini

Reply by Mike Treseler February 3, 20052005-02-03
kcl wrote:

> when i launch ModelSim 5.8c XE, the windows with the logo of modelsim( a > rhinoceros) open and after a few seconds it close and nothing else happen
I've seen that happen when the license file can't be located. -- Mike Treseler