Reply by Paul Leventis September 29, 20032003-09-29
Hi Prashant,

Even without seeing your code, it is possible for us to give you some hint
of what's happened.  You could, for example, include the report file from
the two runs.  I'd suggest opening up an issue with mysupport.altera.com and
an AE will be happy to help you out.

Don't let all the two's in Quartus II 2.2 fool you -- our goal is *not* to
double the number of LEs in your design :-)

Regards,

Paul Leventis
Altera Corp.

"Prashant" <prashantj@usa.net> wrote in message
> [...]
Reply by Prashant September 27, 20032003-09-27
> > Are you absolutely sure you implemented the exact same code? > > =-a
Yes, I am. Just copied the files from one directory to another. I can't send the code to Altera because its proprietary. Wanted to check if anyone else has seen a similar problem and has managed to solve it. Thanks, Prashant
Reply by Vakaras September 27, 20032003-09-27
I'd report it directy to Altera... Becouse it's noncenses.
P.S. Quartus II 3.0 version is available. Maybe this one will be better...

/Vakaras/
Reply by Andy Peters September 26, 20032003-09-26
prashantj@usa.net (Prashant) wrote in message news:<ea62e09.0309251307.6cadf3a1@posting.google.com>...
> Hi, > > I have a design that was compiled in Quartus II 2.0 (SP2) and used > 22,000 logic elements on the APEX20K1500E device. I compiled the same > design in Quartus II 2.2 (SP2) and it takes 42,000 logic elements !! > Has anyone seen such strange behavior with Quartus II 2.2 ? If so, how > is this bug fixed ? > > Thanks, > Prashant > > PS : Also, in the summary report, Quartus II 2.0 shows 85/493 pins > used, while Quartus II 2.2 shows 85/488 pins, for the same device.
Are you absolutely sure you implemented the exact same code? =-a
Reply by Prashant September 25, 20032003-09-25