Reply by Sandeep October 8, 20032003-10-08
Yes. You can factorize 128 as 64*2 and use a radix-4 FFT to do two 64
point FFTs followed by a two-point FFT ( butterfly ). You can follow
it with a 3-point FFT to get 192.

Sandeep
stenasc@yahoo.com (Bob) wrote in message news:<20540d3a.0310080012.1a857848@posting.google.com>...
> Hello again, > > Can a radix-4 fft be used to construct any type of radix-2 fft. e.g. > can I manipulate a 64 pt radix-4 fft to give me a 128 pt radix-2 fft ? > If so, is the radix-2 fft of any use in dsp as it usually results in > larger and slower ffts than the radix-4 version. > > > As always thanks for all replies. > > Bob Carter
Reply by Bob October 8, 20032003-10-08

--
My ignorance is shameful, but I would rather be ashamed than ignorant.
Better, I would rather be neither !!!!