Reply by Kryten July 14, 20052005-07-14
>> I need a module that will read data from an I2C serial EPROM and >> load up the block RAM. >> >> Actel has an app. note on doing this, but they did not include any >> VHDL code. I hate to re-invent the wheel.. does someone have >> a RAM pre-loader module to share?
I'm a big I2C fan but in this case I'd go for SPI. The SPI is simpler and faster. Some people have made very large serial memories and I note that they have chosen SPI. When transferring a lot of bytes, a few microseconds on each soon adds up...
Reply by Antti Lukats July 14, 20052005-07-14
"scd" <scd@nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi, > > Since the Actel RAM modules cannot be preloaded a program time, > I need a module that will read data from an I2C serial EPROM and > load up the block RAM. > > Actel has an ap note on doing this, but they did not include any > VHDL code. I hate to re-invent the wheel.. does someone have > a RAM pre-loader module to share? > > Thanks in Advance, > Scott scd -at- teleport -dot- com > > >
dont be lazy and just download the vhdl source code from Actel website, its there! Antti
Reply by scd July 14, 20052005-07-14