Reply by Jim Wu March 10, 20062006-03-10
The command to start GUI is "ise" . You can creat an icon yourself and set
the command line to "ise". I would just open a terminal window and type the
command manually.

HTH,
Jim
(jimwu88NOOOSPAM@yahoo.com remove capital letters)

"mikelinyoho" <mikelinyoho@gmail.com> wrote in message
> regards: > > since xilinx ise 8.1i support linux red hat 4.0 (with device Spartan-3 > 400k) > After I install xilinx ise 8.1 under linux red hat 4.0,I cannot find a > icon > to start the software "xilinx ise 8.1i".Someone say that I might start > xilinx ise 8.1i at linux red hat 4.0 command mode.Is this saying right? > and how can I achieve that "start xilinx ise 8.1i at linux red hat 4.0" > > any positive suggestions is welcome. > > thank you > best regards to you all >
Reply by March 9, 20062006-03-09
Hi,
For the editing menus you can install the Smeg menu editor.
Cheers

mikelinyoho wrote:
> regards: > > since xilinx ise 8.1i support linux red hat 4.0 (with device Spartan-3 > 400k) > After I install xilinx ise 8.1 under linux red hat 4.0,I cannot find a > icon > to start the software "xilinx ise 8.1i".Someone say that I might start > xilinx ise 8.1i at linux red hat 4.0 command mode.Is this saying right? > and how can I achieve that "start xilinx ise 8.1i at linux red hat 4.0" > > any positive suggestions is welcome. > > thank you > best regards to you all
Reply by mikelinyoho March 9, 20062006-03-09