Reply by Mike Treseler December 5, 20032003-12-05
a2zasics wrote:

> hold violation of 2 ns. Anyone has any suggestions as to how i can > eliminate this hold violation.
What happens if you remove the constraint? -- Mike Treseler
Reply by Muthu December 5, 20032003-12-05
Hi,

I think Quartus software, is for Altera FPGAs... I haven't used Altera
FPGAs.

But in general i can give some options.

1. Try to pack the First Flip Flop in to IOBs.. This option is
available in Xilinx. I don't know about Altera.
2. Make the data path pad property to SLOW
3. Adjust the phase shift of PLL.. ie., delay it to caputre data in
next clock cycle
4. Else put some additonal dealy in the data path

Regards,
Muthu

shardendu@verizon.net (a2zasics) wrote in message news:<1c97c9ba.0312032206.3000a8e7@posting.google.com>...
> Hi, > I have a problem on quartus II 3.0 software. I am using enhanced PLL > and a set of input registers with FAST INPUT REG = on constraint. Thus > i get about 1 ns delay of pad to IOB flop on datapath. However delay > of clock from PLL to IOB flops is higher around 3 ns. Thus i get a > hold violation of 2 ns. Anyone has any suggestions as to how i can > eliminate this hold violation. > > Shardendu
Reply by a2zasics December 4, 20032003-12-04