Reply by Rob July 12, 20072007-07-12
MAX3 will not be this year.  Altera will be doing MAX2Z (Zero Power) this
year.

The release of C3 depends on package.  I'm to understand that some C3
devices will be in production 3Q of this year, some more 4Q of this year,
and I think the full line is supposed to be in prodcution by 1Q of '08.

I happen to be targeting a C3 device for a prodcut that Altera tells me will
be ready 3Q of this year: EP3C10F256

I don't have any information on S3.

"Jim Granville" <no.spam@designtools.maps.co.nz> wrote in message
> Rob wrote: > >> Jim, >> >> Yes, Antti is correct. Altera moved MaxIII behiind CycloneIII and >> StratixIII. > > So I guess the key question is "How far behind ?" > I see CycloneIII has March data, and StratixIII has May data, > and we are now into July.... ? > > -jg > >
Reply by Jim Granville July 12, 20072007-07-12
Rob wrote:

> Jim, > > Yes, Antti is correct. Altera moved MaxIII behiind CycloneIII and > StratixIII.
So I guess the key question is "How far behind ?" I see CycloneIII has March data, and StratixIII has May data, and we are now into July.... ? -jg
Reply by Rob July 12, 20072007-07-12
Jim,

Yes, Antti is correct.  Altera moved MaxIII behiind CycloneIII and
StratixIII.

Regards,
Rob

Antti wrote:

> On Jul 11, 10:27 pm, Jim Granville <no.s...@designtools.maps.co.nz> > wrote: > >> Does anyone know the status of the promised Altera MAX III CPLDs ? >>These were supposed to roll out early in 2007, but they are >>now not even registering on any Altera road-maps ? >> Has Altera pruned plans for this line ? - or has it gone back for >>'re-work' ? >>-jg > > > Actually Altera's statement was that C-3 comes first (before APR07), > then S-3 and M-3 as last one..So it really looks like this schedule. > Also the status of M-3 was never firmly confirmed, so maybe it is even > cancelled what would be a pity of course. > > surprisingly the current low cost leader is: A3P060 - it kills all > "cross-over FPGA-CPLD" machXO-MAX-II
What price points are you seeing for the P060, and the equivalent MachXO and MAX-II's ?
> A3/IGLOO 030 devices are not yet shipping, but when they will they > should kill every CPLD above 64/72 > macrocell as well. (price wise at least) > > but I also hope MAX-III comes, with nice packages and single voltage > option, and user flash mem, and...
... SRAM that can be initialised, and buried OSC... -jg
Reply by Antti July 12, 20072007-07-12
wrote:
> Does anyone know the status of the promised Altera MAX III CPLDs ? > These were supposed to roll out early in 2007, but they are > now not even registering on any Altera road-maps ? > Has Altera pruned plans for this line ? - or has it gone back for > 're-work' ? > -jg
Actually Altera's statement was that C-3 comes first (before APR07), then S-3 and M-3 as last one..So it really looks like this schedule. Also the status of M-3 was never firmly confirmed, so maybe it is even cancelled what would be a pity of course. surprisingly the current low cost leader is: A3P060 - it kills all "cross-over FPGA-CPLD" machXO-MAX-II A3/IGLOO 030 devices are not yet shipping, but when they will they should kill every CPLD above 64/72 macrocell as well. (price wise at least) but I also hope MAX-III comes, with nice packages and single voltage option, and user flash mem, and... antti
Reply by Jim Granville July 11, 20072007-07-11