seperate fpga programm and a table in altera

Started by roland voraberger July 5, 2004
hello!

i want to compile a design for a altera acex or cyclon and i want to
put additionally a table into it (f.e. a .mif file) without compiling
it completely when changing the mif file (each delivered device has its
own mif file or sth similar)
what is the best way. does quartus have a possibility while burning to
integrate the mif file into the pof file while burning?
or should i use a enhanced configuration device and i must write a
complete engine to read and write eth out of this device?
or is it the best way to put simply an flahs onto the pcb?
best regards, roland

--
reply me to madcapATsbox.tugrazDOTat
 Hi Roland,

   You can do this easily with Quartus II 4.0 and later. The steps are
listed below.

1. Open a command line / DOS prompt. Make sure that quartus_cdb is in your
path. Then:
2. cd to the project directory
3. Type
        quartus_cdb <project> --update_mif
4. Then type
        quartus_asm <project>

In both cases replace <project> with the project name. The command in Step 3
will take the changed mif's and update the compiler database, without
recompiling the rest of the design. The commmand in Step 4 will regenerate
the pof/sof with the new mif.

Hope this helps.

Subroto Datta
Altera Corp.