JBits 3.0 and Virtex-II Pro

Started by Mahim Mishra September 11, 2004
Hello all!

I am using Xilinx Virtex-II Pro (XC2VP20 and XC2VP50) chips, and was
wondering if I can use JBits 3.0 to manipulate the configuration
bitstreams for these chips. It seems not, since the JBits "Device"
class seems to only have defined constants for  Virtex and Virtex-II
chips. Has anyone done this before, or knows that it can be done?

Thanks,
Mahim
Hi

In theory it's possible to create a device class for for a Virtex II
pro, just take an existing one for Virtex II and alter the constants.
I think this is possible because all the components are equal they are
just displayed in a different manner but you can only work with areas
without PPC because there is no information to how the surroundings
GRM work. So in conclusion i think it's possible to have limited
support to Virtex II pro but some reverse engineering is needed.

Miguel