Programming Altera Config Device

Started by Gary Pace September 15, 2004
We have a number of PCB's with Altera Cyclone/Config device systems.

In R&D we use Quartus to program this.

For production, we have a bed of nails based ATE system, using LabView.

We want to program the config. device automatically.

Has anyone done this ?

Does Altera produce a .dll or .ocx version of the programming tools ?
Can the programmer be run as a WIN32 console app. (ie from the command line)
?
Does National Instruments (or a third party) have anything ?

Any advice much appreciated,

Gary

"Gary Pace" <xxx@yyy.com> wrote in message
> We have a number of PCB's with Altera Cyclone/Config device systems. > Can the programmer be run as a WIN32 console app. (ie from the command > line) ? > Does National Instruments (or a third party) have anything ? > > Any advice much appreciated, > > Gary >
Hi Gary,

We have designed  a test-bed with an Altera cyclone
to test and upload configuration files to epcs4 of a minipci product.
We have developed code to upload .rbf files directly to the epcs4 of the
device under test. The flash time for a full epcs4 is around 3 seconds.
If this development serves your purpose, we can make it available against a
certain royalty payment.

Another possibilty is to obtain the "byte jammer" software from Altera, it
flashes the epcs via the JTAG chain...

best regards
ron

"Gary Pace" <xxx@yyy.com> schreef in bericht