Using C++ on NIOS

Started by Nigel September 22, 2004
We have just started writing a small application on the NIOS IDE II
(version 1.0.0, build 316).  I want to develop it in C++, but it won't
recognise C++ syntax, (class, new etc), so clearly I need to do
something to enable C++, but I can't find anything.  I have found
similar problems on the forums/groups, but none with any answers.  The
closest one was to use "extern "C"{...} around the #includes, but this
made no difference.
Any help would be appreciated.
nigelmerritt@hotmail.com (Nigel) wrote in message news:<cf7f0f95.0409211915.7d9f40e5@posting.google.com>...
> We have just started writing a small application on the NIOS IDE II > (version 1.0.0, build 316). I want to develop it in C++, but it won't > recognise C++ syntax, (class, new etc), so clearly I need to do > something to enable C++, but I can't find anything. I have found > similar problems on the forums/groups, but none with any answers. The > closest one was to use "extern "C"{...} around the #includes, but this > made no difference. > Any help would be appreciated.
Now solved... it was simply that the 'main' file was created as a ".c" file, not a ".cpp" (all template projects are for the NIOS).