ATLV256 for Spartan 2

Started by rider September 13, 2003
Hi!

Thanks to the forum for satisfactory replies to my previous queries. I
have one other query regarding FPGA configuration. I am planning to
use Atmel's ATLV256 EPROM to configure my spartan 2 XC2s150[Its in DIP
package so easy to program from my universal programmer]. The
RESET/OE(bar) pin of ATLV256 can be programmed to RESET(bar)/OE[i.e.
active LO RESET which the spartan 2 requires]. My question is that
does the ISE5.1 support this feature to program ATLV256's pin? If not
then whats the work around?

Regards
Rider
shabana_rizvi@yahoo.com (rider) wrote in message news:<ca3a68c8.0309130017.560b304d@posting.google.com>...
> Hi! > > Thanks to the forum for satisfactory replies to my previous queries. I > have one other query regarding FPGA configuration. I am planning to > use Atmel's ATLV256 EPROM to configure my spartan 2 XC2s150[Its in DIP > package so easy to program from my universal programmer]. The > RESET/OE(bar) pin of ATLV256 can be programmed to RESET(bar)/OE[i.e. > active LO RESET which the spartan 2 requires]. My question is that > does the ISE5.1 support this feature to program ATLV256's pin? If not > then whats the work around?
you can use ise/impact to generate bitstreams and prom files, but no 3rd party config devices are directly supported. you need to use Atmel CPS software to program the ATLV antti