FPGA/CPLD Basics

Started by Jack// ani November 2, 2004
Hi all,

Is there any tutorial on web, where I can learn about working and
architecture of FPGA and CPLD?

Google turned out to be useless. Someone out there maybe is having
some helpful pointer.

Any suggestion regarding reference/text books is also appreciated.

TIA
I am Not sure at what level you are looking but the Xilinx site
(http://www.xilinx.com) has a few on-line tutorials.  If you are near Texas I
noticed a free CPLD intor class with developer kit at one of the local
distributors.

On 2 Nov 2004 09:14:36 -0800, Jack// ani wrote:

> > >Hi all, > >Is there any tutorial on web, where I can learn about working and >architecture of FPGA and CPLD? > >Google turned out to be useless. Someone out there maybe is having >some helpful pointer. > >Any suggestion regarding reference/text books is also appreciated. > >TIA
If you are lookiung for an intro to FPGAs/CPLDs, try these:

 <http://toolbox.xilinx.com/docsan/xilinx6/books/docs/qst/qst.pdf>

 <http://direct.xilinx.com/bvdocs/appnotes/xapp473.pdf>

The first tutorial will teach you how to use the free Webpack suite as well as ISE 6, and is very good. The second app note describes the diffrent software tools you use to create FPGA-based designs. -Vadim
nospam4u_jack@yahoo.com (Jack// ani) wrote in message news:<86040da6.0411020914.75d6f51e@posting.google.com>...
> Hi all, > > Is there any tutorial on web, where I can learn about working and > architecture of FPGA and CPLD? > > Google turned out to be useless. Someone out there maybe is having > some helpful pointer. > > Any suggestion regarding reference/text books is also appreciated. > > TIA
GOOGLE is YOUR friend: FPGA + CPLD + architecture
Yeah, there in fact a handbook on there site http://www.xilinx.com/publications/products/cpld/logic_handbook.pdf, which I already have. Book is all about FPGA implementation, which is definitely not my purpose. I need to know how it actually works.