Electronica 2004 - munich - Altera ???

Started by Moti Cohen November 15, 2004
Hi all,

I've just came back from the Electronica 2004 exhibition that took
place in munich - Germany, I wanted to ask the guys here or the Altera
guys - how come that they weren't there...?

Xilinx has been there and so is Actel (their booths were located back
to back)
Lattice was also there (altough they were located a little far from
the others).

I know that in the past years Altera showd for this exhibition and it
was very disappointing to see that they werent there this year.

However I finally got to meet Ken Chapman from xilinx - he presented
us with  some new stuff for the spartan 3 picoblaze and it was very
interesting.
"Moti Cohen" <moti@terasync.net> wrote in message
> Hi all, > > I've just came back from the Electronica 2004 exhibition that took > place in munich - Germany, I wanted to ask the guys here or the Altera > guys - how come that they weren't there...?
Altera was there, you had to find them, and they even had free T-Shirts! So my wife changed from Z to A ;) her previous T shirt was Zilog-Z8 Read my posting about my Electronica Trip, posted here a few days ago!
> Xilinx has been there and so is Actel (their booths were located back > to back) > Lattice was also there (altough they were located a little far from > the others). > > I know that in the past years Altera showd for this exhibition and it > was very disappointing to see that they werent there this year. > > However I finally got to meet Ken Chapman from xilinx - he presented > us with some new stuff for the spartan 3 picoblaze and it was very > interesting.
It's always nice to meet Ken, the real english-english gives one a warm feeling instantly! Antt
"Antti Lukats" <antti@case2000.com> wrote in message news:<cnahse$v3k$03$1@news.t-online.com>...
> "Moti Cohen" <moti@terasync.net> wrote in message > news:c04bfe33.0411150553.707c63b1@posting.google.com... > > Hi all, > > > > I've just came back from the Electronica 2004 exhibition that took > > place in munich - Germany, I wanted to ask the guys here or the Altera > > guys - how come that they weren't there...? > > Altera was there, you had to find them, and they even had free T-Shirts! > So my wife changed from Z to A ;) her previous T shirt was Zilog-Z8
I looked for them in the Electronica web site and they werent there so I figured out that they wont be there.. and due to the fact that I also didnt saw them in the A4/A5 area I was under the impression that they didnt come at all.. And now after u told me about the T-shirt I'm realy realy sorry that I didnt found them ;) Maybe next time...
> > Read my posting about my Electronica Trip, posted here a few days ago! > > > Xilinx has been there and so is Actel (their booths were located back > > to back) > > Lattice was also there (altough they were located a little far from > > the others). > > > > I know that in the past years Altera showd for this exhibition and it > > was very disappointing to see that they werent there this year. > > > > However I finally got to meet Ken Chapman from xilinx - he presented > > us with some new stuff for the spartan 3 picoblaze and it was very > > interesting. > > It's always nice to meet Ken, the real english-english gives one a warm > feeling instantly!
Here I have to agree with you, he is a very nice guy - I also took our picture together. Moti.