High Bandwidth Virtex II boards

Started by Steven Archibald September 18, 2003
I'm trying to find a board consisting of a Virtex II or Virtex II Pro
and a fair amount of on-board memory i.e. 256 or 512MB. The board has
to be capable of outputting the data read from memory through some
kind of port at very high bandwidth - GBytes/s. It also has to be
attached to either a PCI interface or preferably a VMEbus. Does anyone
know of any single boards, or boards that could be doubled up that
would be capable of doing this?
Steven Archibald wrote:
> > I'm trying to find a board consisting of a Virtex II or Virtex II Pro > and a fair amount of on-board memory i.e. 256 or 512MB. The board has > to be capable of outputting the data read from memory through some > kind of port at very high bandwidth - GBytes/s. It also has to be > attached to either a PCI interface or preferably a VMEbus. Does anyone > know of any single boards, or boards that could be doubled up that > would be capable of doing this?
I don't know of any boards that can do this. But out of curiosity, how many would you be using? I find I get some number of requests for high end FPGA products, but the quantities are always very small and the requirements are normally different enough that it would be hard to satisfy all of them with a single board. But I have considered trying anyway. But it would take a first customer with some reasonable quantity requirement to get over the startup hump. -- Rick "rickman" Collins rick.collins@XYarius.com Ignore the reply address. To email me use the above address with the XY removed. Arius - A Signal Processing Solutions Company Specializing in DSP and FPGA design URL http://www.arius.com 4 King Ave 301-682-7772 Voice Frederick, MD 21701-3110 301-682-7666 FAX
The DN6000k10S will do what you require. See: http://www.dinigroup.com/products/6000k10s.html Mike Dini mdini@dinigroup.com