Using EDK libraries in ISE

Started by Harish December 23, 2004
Hello all,

How can we simulate the EDK IP cores in ISE? I created a new project in
ISE and  copied the vhdl files that comes with EDK onto a new file and
tried to synthesize it. However the synthesis failed as the library
referred to in the design was not seen by ISE. Can anyone tell me how
to overcome this?

Thanks

set up compile scripts and run tools from shell or commandline.
attempting to load them to project navigotor is likely to cause problems.
similar things exists with LEON3 system

it compiles with no problem from script but is not possible to load into
project navigator, PN simple messes up with the libraries.

Antti

"Harish" <harish.vutukuru@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello all, > > How can we simulate the EDK IP cores in ISE? I created a new project in > ISE and copied the vhdl files that comes with EDK onto a new file and > tried to synthesize it. However the synthesis failed as the library > referred to in the design was not seen by ISE. Can anyone tell me how > to overcome this? > > Thanks >
Hello,

When I try to synthesize OPB_ZBT controller its asking for a library
common_v1_00_a. When I checked the EDK folder I found there are two
folders with that name. One of which is in the compiled models
directory and the other in pcores directory. I copied both these into
my working directory and tried to synthesize it but it still gives me
the same error message.

ERROR:HDLParsers:3317 - c:/testdesigns/opb_zbt/opb_zbt_controller.vhd
Line 53.  Library common_v1_00_a cannot be found.
ERROR:HDLParsers:3014 - c:/testdesigns/opb_zbt/opb_zbt_controller.vhd
Line 54. Library unit common_v1_00_a is not available in library work.
ERROR: XST failed

I am not sure if this is even the correct way to go about it. I think I
am missing something obvious. Can you point me out in the right
direction?

Thanks
Harish