GEMAC and MGT on ML300

Started by Jeffsen February 10, 2005
Dear all, I have a Xilinx-ML300 at hand,and want to test the Gemac core by connect FPGA with PC via Gigabit-Ethernet. The problem is on ML300 the RJ45 connector is not for gigabit ethernet. There is optical fiber link avaiable and also MultiGigabitTransceivers(MGTs) avaiable. One solution is using the optical links. While another people told me to use MGT to implement the gigabitEthernet? Is that possible? If yes,how? Shall I use both gemac and MGT? Or only MGT? No idea about it? Any information is appreciated. Thanks with regards!
PS:email me by remove '(dot)' appeared. Thanks!
"Jeffsen" <xjf77@yahoo.(dot)com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Dear all, I have a Xilinx-ML300 at hand,and want to test the Gemac core by
connect FPGA with PC via Gigabit-Ethernet. The problem is on ML300 the RJ45 connector is not for gigabit ethernet. There is optical fiber link avaiable and also MultiGigabitTransceivers(MGTs) avaiable. One solution is using the optical links. While another people told me to use MGT to implement the gigabitEthernet? Is that possible? If yes,how? Shall I use both gemac and MGT? Or only MGT? No idea about it? Any information is appreciated. Thanks with regards! www.xilinx.com GSRD xapp536.zip gigabit ref design for ML300 Antti PS the ML300 optical things are nice but not sure if you have any other equipment where to plug the optical fibre from them...