Frustrated with Altera

Started by statepenn99 February 23, 2005
Hello,

Is anyone else out there having issues with Altera's customer support?
I've had an issue open with them for over two weeks now, and haven't
even gotten a response on it.  Not even a "We're working on it".  Does
anyone know how to elevate an issue within Altera?  My Altera SE has
been little help of late as well.  Thanks for any suggestions.

John

Try googling
"Altera support getting"

-Newman

"statepenn99" <statepenn99@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello, > > Is anyone else out there having issues with Altera's customer support? > I've had an issue open with them for over two weeks now, and haven't > even gotten a response on it. Not even a "We're working on it". Does > anyone know how to elevate an issue within Altera? My Altera SE has > been little help of late as well. Thanks for any suggestions. > > John >
While your business is probably important to them, they probably
prioritize request based on the number of similar requests. Their
ability to solve a request is based on if you included enough
information. And have you made yourself available if an engineer has
tried to get in touch with you?

The other route you could try is post a description of problem to this
news group. You might not be the only person who has run into this
problem and maybe someone else has found a solution they are willing to
share or they could explain why you are have this problem.

Derek

Derek,

They definitely have enough info, as I have archived my project which
produces the error.  I wish an engineer would try to contact me.  I
have posted multiple updates to the open issue without a response.  As
for posting the problem here, unfortunately I can't do that b/c it
would reveal confidential details.  I can really only search the group
for similar posts.  To be honest, I was hoping some Altera folks were
trolling around this board, and would help me out.  I know on several
occasion with Xilinx, I've gotten immediate support after posting here.

John

"statepenn99" <statepenn99@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Derek, > > They definitely have enough info, as I have archived my project which > produces the error. I wish an engineer would try to contact me. I > have posted multiple updates to the open issue without a response. As > for posting the problem here, unfortunately I can't do that b/c it > would reveal confidential details. I can really only search the group > for similar posts. To be honest, I was hoping some Altera folks were > trolling around this board, and would help me out. I know on several > occasion with Xilinx, I've gotten immediate support after posting here. > > John >
If your problem is serious and you have tried and not getting response then play it as hard you can, like if your customer is some big company then send email to Altera (not tech support but somewhere higher) and include cc: to some important person from your client, well it all depends, that is not always an option. I had todo that once when Atmel did not deliver for mass production for a big mobile company, the result was that for long time I got CC: with fedex tracking numbers whenever Atmel shipped the initial order piece by piece. Atmel is not Altera, but I tend to belive that occosianally both are hard to deal with. Raally, try to escalate the issue, that works with Xilinx, actually they in most cases escalate it even for you, if there problem is real. And Altera is "around" and lurking here as well, so they will catch up... Antti
I understand you frustration. I was just trying to cover the obvious.
When I get to where you are, I start calling anybody that I might have
met or gotten a business card from.

Derek

Thanks to all for your advice.  Altera finally did get in touch with me
today around 6 pm, and I feel the issue is close to a resolution.
Also, these posts were not meant to bash Altera.  I've used both Xilinx
and Altera extensively, and they both have their strengths and
weaknesses.  Thanks again.

John