Chipscope and Virtex4 LX25 ES

Started by John Williams March 23, 2005
Hi,

Xilinx solution 20060 refers to the issue with the Virtex 4 LX25 ES
parts and the JTAG chains, with workarounds for the EDK's XMD and
opb_mdm tools.  However, this silicon bug also affects ChipScope Pro,
but no solution is offered.

We are considering prototyping a large project on the ML401 (which uses
V4-LX25 ES parts), but ChipScope support will be essential.  Does
anybody have some good news for me that there is, or soon will be, a
workaround for this?

Thanks,

John
ChipScope works actually with LX25-ES
but you can not use MDM and Chipscope in the same design thats the
limitation
also on our board (memec LX25) Chipscope is not able to download the
bitstream
so the bitstream has to be loaded with impact, later chipscope would be
useable

Antti
PS I think there will be no complete workaround to get USER2 to work on ES
there was report that USER2 has reset polarity inverted? that is not
completly
dead, so I assume the silicon might allow for a fix, but my strong bet is
that
the USER2 fix for chipscope-mdm will not be offered by Xilinx