xilinx+modelsim total newbie

Started by Unknown March 25, 2005
Hi, I have downloaded Xilinx ISE 7.1 webpack and Modelsim 6 free
edition.
I need Xilinx for my digital circuits course.
During the course laboratory we were using Xilinx foundation 2.1. After
designing simple circuit I have attached some probes to inputs and
output and then in simulator bound some keys in order to change input
signals' from 0 to 1 and test the output.

The problem is I don't know how to do the same in 7.1 + ModelSim. First
of all there is no such thing as "simulation toolbox" as in 2.1.
I was able to run Modelsim and apply clocks to input signal but it is
not what I want. Is it possible to change input signals from 0 to 1 etc
on the fly? With keyboard for example?
Cheers,
Mike, leet.geezerDONT_SPAM_ME_PLS@gmail.com

First.. Modelsim is designed to provide repeatable testing.. this means you
write test benches and you don't toggle lines manually.
You can force lines about but you are probably best served by learning how
to create and use test benches.  It is also OK to have several test benches
each of which tests different functionality.  If you want to graduate and be
useful you will need to learn this methodology.

Simon