WTB NIOS-II kit

Started by Neo March 31, 2005
Hi,
I wanted to buy a NIOS-2 eval kit, used or new. can anyone point me to
appropriate sellers who, if selling new, are offering discounts.

thanks.

Actually, I am new to boards and want to buy one which also has
embedded processor to program and experiment with, at home. I found the
one said above attractive but little expensive. any suggestions  on
which one to go for(xilinx ?) are welcome.

"Neo" <zingafriend@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Actually, I am new to boards and want to buy one which also has > embedded processor to program and experiment with, at home. I found the > one said above attractive but little expensive. any suggestions on > which one to go for(xilinx ?) are welcome. >
something with s3-1000 as minimal on board, xess xsa3-1000 is $199 www.xess.com antti
yeah, its HW-AFX-SP3-400-DB and has xc3s400 on it and looks quite
enticing too with ADCs/DACs, but shoot !! they are charging extra for
software and jtag cable as options.

> yeah, its HW-AFX-SP3-400-DB and has xc3s400 on it and looks quite > enticing too with ADCs/DACs, but shoot !! they are charging extra for > software and jtag cable as options. >
s400 is too small for free SPARC SoC :( xsa3-1000 includes on board cable, and has ps2 vga, but no adc dac antti
the one you say is from which vendor?

http://www.xess.com/prod035.php3 antti
also www.digilentinc.com can get a version of the S3 starter kit with a s3-1000 low cost $149 + whatever modules you decide on. More of a beginners board , good for getting started with Alex