development-tools under linux for altera excalibur

Started by bakito September 29, 2003
hi everyone,

i'm working on my diploma work right now. i have to develop an fpga -
circuit. the development-environment has to be linux redhat.

does anyone know fpga-developmenttools to write compile and link fpga
circuit under linux.
bakito wrote:

> does anyone know fpga-developmenttools to write compile and link fpga > circuit under linux.
The Quartus CD (synthesis/place+route) has installs for linux, solaris and hp-ux. Quartus inludes modelsim_oem (simulation), but only for windows, solaris and hp-ux Mentor modelsim SE has a linux distribution. -- Mike Treseler
Latest ISE 6.1i tools from Xilinx support Linux.

--Neeraj

bakito@gmx.ch (bakito) writes:

> i'm working on my diploma work right now. i have to develop an fpga - > circuit. the development-environment has to be linux redhat. > > does anyone know fpga-developmenttools to write compile and link fpga > circuit under linux.
Quartus II has been available for Linux for quite a while now. SOPC Builder is also available under Linux. Petter -- A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
      JHDL is a set of FPGA CAD tools developed at Brigham Young
University's Configurable Computing Laboratory that allows the user to
design the structure and layout of a circuit, debug the circuit in
simulation, netlist and interface for bit-stream synthesis, and so forth. It
is an exploratory attempt to identify the key features and functionality of
good FPGA tools.

    http://www.jhdl.org/

From what I gather, it's rather mature, though lacking for the more recent
variants of FPGAs (e.g., Xilinx's Spartan-3).

Oh, by the way, these tools are free for the download.  Open source, you
know!

D. Hart...