EDK:input to microblaze

Started by Unknown April 15, 2005
hi,
  I want to input data from outside the board to the microblaze.can i
do it using uart in my design?Can i make this data come from the
hyperterminal to the uart and from uart to microblaze?In such a system
what ever output microblaze sends outside the board can come on the
hyperterminal.Can this output data go to a file?
Thanx

kittyawake@gmail.com wrote:

>hi, > I want to input data from outside the board to the microblaze.can i >do it using uart in my design?
Yes.
>Can i make this data come from the >hyperterminal to the uart and from uart to microblaze?
Yes.
>In such a system >what ever output microblaze sends outside the board can come on the >hyperterminal.Can this output data go to a file?
Yes, HyperTerminal can capture to a file. -- Dan Henry
Dan Henry wrote:
> kittyawake@gmail.com wrote:
Hi Dan, Can you give us some more specific details how to do it (or anyone that knows ;-)? It would be a great help. Thanks, -HT
Hi,
  Yeah if any body has any idea of how this thing can be done please
share your views.I am stuck at this point and cannot proceed till i
solve this problem of getting data into microblaze from outside(say
using UART).
Thanx.

Herb T wrote:
> Dan Henry wrote: > > kittyawake@gmail.com wrote: > > Hi Dan, > Can you give us some more specific details how to do it (or anyone
that
> knows ;-)? It would be a great help. > Thanks, > -HT
You can implement X-modem protocol in your code at the microblaze and
transfer datablocks with hyperterminal (or a better program: CRT). In these
programs you can choose to transfer a file by using the X-modem protocol. In
your program at the microblaze you only have to store the datablocks at the
right place...

Frank

Herb T wrote:
>>kittyawake@gmail.com wrote: > > Hi Dan, > Can you give us some more specific details how to do it (or anyone that > knows ;-)? It would be a great help.
Instantiate a uartns550 or uartlite. Build with a software library at a level appropriate for your needs. EDK will populate your project directory with (for example) ../libsrc/uartlite_v1_00_b/src/.. containing library source code to perform UART transmit and receive. The drivers are documented by the source code and in xilinx_drivers.pdf in the EDK's doc directory. -- Dan Henry
kittyawake@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi, > Yeah if any body has any idea of how this thing can be done please > share your views.I am stuck at this point and cannot proceed till i > solve this problem of getting data into microblaze from outside(say > using UART). > Thanx. > > Herb T wrote: > >>Dan Henry wrote: >> >>>kittyawake@gmail.com wrote: >> >>Hi Dan, >>Can you give us some more specific details how to do it (or anyone > > that > >>knows ;-)? It would be a great help. >>Thanks, >>-HT > >
Please don't top-post. I have posted ideas in reply to Herb T.'s post. -- Dan Henry
Dan,
Thanks for responding and for your help.
-HT