Nuhorizons alternatives for Xilinx parts?

Started by dlharmon April 29, 2005
I am currently doing work on a small board with a FPGA and DSP.  I have
been planning to use the Xilinx XC3S1000-4FT256C , but Nuhorizons
doesn't seem too interested in selling me 2 for a prototype.  Where
else could I find these?  The Xilinx online store only has parts up to
the XC3S400.  I have checked digikey, but they are a few years behind
on the Xilinx parts.

I may have to consider changing to Altera since Digikey seems to stock
them.  I really don't want to do this, but if forced by unavailability
of parts I will have to.

Darrell Harmon
http://dlharmon.com

I am assuming you are in the US but Xilinx  have 3 official distributors
there look here http://www.xilinx.com/company/sales/ww_disti.htm . There are
a few other places in the US that stock Spartan-3 that I have come across. A
web search will probably dredge those up.

Unfortunately, other than catalogue operations, a lot of distributors are
not interested in selling small numbers of parts. MOQs of hundreds or even
thousands are not now uncommon.

John Adair
Enterpoint Ltd. - Home Of Low Cost Spartan-3 Development Board MINI-CAN.
http://www.enterpoint.co.uk