ISE and Linux

Started by Marco May 19, 2005
Does it function with every distribution of Linux?

There is a way to try the 64 bit version or I need to recompile everything
by myself?

Thanks
Marco

"Marco" <marcotoschi_no_spam@email.it> writes:
> Does it function with every distribution of Linux?
No. It is supported on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3. You *might* be able to get it working on another distribution, but Xilinx won't help you with it. I suspect that it would run on CentOS 3.x without too much hassle, because that's a clone of RHEL3. I've been able to use ISE BaseX 7.1i on Fedora Core 3 with only some minor annoyances.
> There is a way to try the 64 bit version or I need to recompile everything > by myself?
Good luck recompiling ISE without the source code. Eric
"Eric Smith" <eric@brouhaha.com> wrote in message
> "Marco" <marcotoschi_no_spam@email.it> writes: > > Does it function with every distribution of Linux? > > No. It is supported on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3. You *might* be > able to get it working on another distribution, but Xilinx won't help > you with it. > > I suspect that it would run on CentOS 3.x without too much hassle, > because that's a clone of RHEL3. > > I've been able to use ISE BaseX 7.1i on Fedora Core 3 with only some > minor annoyances. > > > There is a way to try the 64 bit version or I need to recompile
everything
> > by myself? > > Good luck recompiling ISE without the source code. > > Eric
Ohhhhh.... what a stupid I am! When I written about recompiling I thought that Xilinx include also source into CDs... impossible thing... So, the simple way to use ISE is with Windows... what a pity!!!
"B. Joshua Rosen" <bjrosen@PleaseDontSpamMEpolybus.com> wrote in message
> > > Ohhhhh.... what a stupid I am! When I written about recompiling I
thought
> > that Xilinx include also source into CDs... impossible thing... > > > > So, the simple way to use ISE is with Windows... what a pity!!! > > No you don't have to subject yourself to Windows. It works fine with > Fedora Core 3. There are a couple of trivial work arounds that you need to > do. You need to set an env variable, > > setenv LD_ASSUME_KERNEL 2.4.7 > > And you need to create a link > > ln -s /usr/lib/libcurl.so.3.0.0 /usr/local/lib/libcurl.so.2 > >
Only those? In this case I will download it immediately. Thanks

> Ohhhhh.... what a stupid I am! When I written about recompiling I thought > that Xilinx include also source into CDs... impossible thing... > > So, the simple way to use ISE is with Windows... what a pity!!!
No you don't have to subject yourself to Windows. It works fine with Fedora Core 3. There are a couple of trivial work arounds that you need to do. You need to set an env variable, setenv LD_ASSUME_KERNEL 2.4.7 And you need to create a link ln -s /usr/lib/libcurl.so.3.0.0 /usr/local/lib/libcurl.so.2
"B. Joshua Rosen" <bjrosen@PleaseDontSpamMEpolybus.com> wrote in message
> > > Ohhhhh.... what a stupid I am! When I written about recompiling I
thought
> > that Xilinx include also source into CDs... impossible thing... > > > > So, the simple way to use ISE is with Windows... what a pity!!! > > No you don't have to subject yourself to Windows. It works fine with > Fedora Core 3. There are a couple of trivial work arounds that you need to > do. You need to set an env variable, > > setenv LD_ASSUME_KERNEL 2.4.7 > > And you need to create a link > > ln -s /usr/lib/libcurl.so.3.0.0 /usr/local/lib/libcurl.so.2 > >
Even if I use a 32 bit ISE version, may I download fedora 64 bit version?
"Marco" <marcotoschi_no_spam@email.it> writes:
> Even if I use a 32 bit ISE version, may I download fedora 64 bit version?
Webpack doesn't include a 64-bit verion. The full ISE release does. However, my license for ISE is only for BaseX, and that isn't supported for 64-bit. Before I realized that I tried to get it working, but I ran into many problems and switched to the 32-bit version, which mostly just needed some older libraries from FC2. Eric