Upgrading the EDK from 6.3

Started by Simon June 7, 2005
So, having had something of a forced absence from FPGA's for a few
months, I've just been looking at upgrading to 7.1 for both ISE and EDK.
My BaseX subscription seems to have allowed me to update ISE to 7.1, but
I can't see any way of upgrading my EDK ?

Questions:

1) Is it possible to do an upgrade, or is it a question of re-purchasing
the EDK every time there's a release ? I bought it in March (just
checked the order :-) and I thought you got upgrades for a year ?

2) Will the EDK 'service pack 7_1_01' (which I do seem to have access
to) upgrade a 6.3 version of the EDK ?

3) Am I simply being stupid and missing the blinking neon lights
somewhere on the site saying 'Oy, it's over here'... ?

Tx for any help :-)

Simon
The 'service pack 7_1_01' is a update for the EDK 7.1 I think
But I'm sure when you want EDK 7.1 you must buy it. It not possibl
update EDK 6.3 with EDK 7.1 without pay somethink

 > > Simon wrote:
 > > So, having had something of a forced absence from FPGA's for
 > > a few months, I've just been looking at upgrading to 7.1 for
 > > both ISE and EDK.
 > >
 > > My BaseX subscription seems to have allowed me to update ISE
 > > to 7.1, but I can't see any way of upgrading my EDK ?
 > >
 > > Questions:
 > >
 > > 1) Is it possible to do an upgrade, or is it a question of
 > >    re-purchasing the EDK every time there's a release ? I
 > >    bought it in March (just checked the order :-) and I thought
 > >    you got upgrades for a year ?
 > >
 > > 2) Will the EDK 'service pack 7_1_01' (which I do seem to have
 > >    access to) upgrade a 6.3 version of the EDK ?
 > >
 > > 3) Am I simply being stupid and missing the blinking neon lights
 > >    somewhere on the site saying 'Oy, it's over here'... ?
 > >
 > > Tx for any help :-)
 > >
 > > Simon
 > >

 > digi wrote:
> The 'service pack 7_1_01' is a update for the EDK 7.1 I think. > But I'm sure when you want EDK 7.1 you must buy it. It not possible > update EDK 6.3 with EDK 7.1 without pay somethink.
Could someone from Xilinx please comment on whether this is true ? Cheers, Simon.
Simon,

      Xilinx will send you an update CD for the EDK if your subscription
is still valid.  I purchased BaseX/EDK 6.3 back in December, but had
problems getting my upgrades for both.  The first problem was that both
packages were still registered to the vendor I bought them from, rather
than myself, so I couldn't download the ISE update.  The second problem
was that I didn't receive the EDK update CD.

      Both problems were resolved relatively quickly and easily by
calling the Xilinx toll-free support number.  Give them the product
number and place of purchase, and they'll set you right up.  I had much,
much less luck with the email support address given in the registration
acknowledgement email.  Not much help at all...

-- Mark