Forums

Has anybody run Virtex-4 FPGAs at 300MHz+ interface speed?

Started by azam July 6, 2005
I was trying to determine the max frequency that can be clocked thru
the Virtex-4 FPGA pins. While referring the Virtex-4 User Guide the (DC
and Switching characteristics) Section of the book has blank columns.
Although the Virtex-4 FPGA Handbook mentions the capabiltiy to meet
different I/O standards, I was wondering has anyone been able to
exercise the I/Os of the Virtex Family above 300MHz.

Thanks
-Azam

Which speed grade? You may want to check the latest user guide and data
sheet.

HTH,
Jim

"azam" <azamirfan@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I was trying to determine the max frequency that can be clocked thru > the Virtex-4 FPGA pins. While referring the Virtex-4 User Guide the (DC > and Switching characteristics) Section of the book has blank columns. > Although the Virtex-4 FPGA Handbook mentions the capabiltiy to meet > different I/O standards, I was wondering has anyone been able to > exercise the I/Os of the Virtex Family above 300MHz. > > Thanks > -Azam >
Azam,

There are demo pcb's I have seen for 333MHz DDR SDRAM.

Austin