A strange behavior

Started by Marco September 1, 2005
Hallo,
I have made a small microcontroller based on microblaze.
I have connected a differential 16 bit adc to my system.
The adc takes input from a opamp for testing.

The system works well only if I measure voltage between chipselect of adc
and gnd. In this way it shows every hex number in range: 0 to 7FFF (it is
two complementer).

If not, I can see only 4-5 numbers of the acquisition range: FB, 1F1F, 3E3E,
7C7C.

Which trouble could produce a so strange behavior?

Many Thanks
Marco

Look closely at the datasheet for the A/D converter.  How do they say you
should acquire a reading and how are you trying to acquire it?

"John_H" <johnhandwork@mail.com> wrote in message
> Look closely at the datasheet for the A/D converter. How do they say you > should acquire a reading and how are you trying to acquire it? >
To start acquiring chipselect must go high for 1 clock cycle. At the falling edge the adc starts conversion. (it's falling edge sensitive). After 5 clock cycles the serial data out goes from Hi-Z state to 0. After 1 clock cycle it starts sending data through serial data out for 16 clock cycles. Then it goes into power down state and waits for a chipselect. I have made a state machine which follows that. Into post-place simulation works well. Marco