CPLD program editing

Started by abhi September 29, 2005
Hi Group,

I need to edit a program loaded in a CPLD.I can read a JDEC file from
the CPLD.How can I convert that file into a readable program which I
can edit?

Thanks

abhi wrote:

> Hi Group, > > I need to edit a program loaded in a CPLD.I can read a JDEC file from > the CPLD.How can I convert that file into a readable program which I > can edit?
Some may have a read protection. In the other cases you can read the JTAG. How to convert this into a readable diagram or code I wouldn't know. Theoretically it would be possible. Rene -- Ing.Buero R.Tschaggelar - http://www.ibrtses.com & commercial newsgroups - http://www.talkto.net
"abhi" <akashya@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi Group, > > I need to edit a program loaded in a CPLD.I can read a JDEC file from > the CPLD.How can I convert that file into a readable program which I > can edit? > > Thanks >
assuming you have an succesful readback of non protected chip the conversion *IS* possible. if it reasonable that depends. for small GAL jed2eqn from Opal Jr (free download can be found with google) does the job For Xilinx XPLA3 we have a ready solution http://shop.openchip.org/shop/product_info.php?cPath=2_27&products_id=37 For any other devices I think there are no existing solution at the moment Antti