SDRAM controller.

Started by Unknown November 10, 2005
Hi Guys,

I am writing a SDRAM controller (for the first time), its a Micron
MT48LC16M16 sdram. I am having a little trouble coding it, i've written
some code for it but i am not sure if i am going along the right path
or not ? Does neone has a little tutorial on how to code a sdram
controller or perhaps a sdram controller that they wrote (doesnt matter
for which SDRAM), nething that i could use as a reference to learn
more. Ne help would be appreciated !! Thanks.

You can take a look at this one in opencores.org -->
http://www.opencores.org/projects.cgi/web/ddr_sdr/overview

<bohr_singh@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Guys, > > I am writing a SDRAM controller (for the first time), its a Micron > MT48LC16M16 sdram. I am having a little trouble coding it, i've written > some code for it but i am not sure if i am going along the right path > or not ? Does neone has a little tutorial on how to code a sdram > controller or perhaps a sdram controller that they wrote (doesnt matter > for which SDRAM), nething that i could use as a reference to learn > more. Ne help would be appreciated !! Thanks. >
bohr_singh@hotmail.com wrote:

>Hi Guys, > >I am writing a SDRAM controller (for the first time), its a Micron >MT48LC16M16 sdram. I am having a little trouble coding it, i've written >some code for it but i am not sure if i am going along the right path >or not ? Does neone has a little tutorial on how to code a sdram >controller or perhaps a sdram controller that they wrote (doesnt matter >for which SDRAM), nething that i could use as a reference to learn >more. Ne help would be appreciated !! Thanks. > > >
HOw about Xilinx's SDRAM controller. I'm pretty sure the source is on their website along with the app-note. -- --Ray Andraka, P.E. President, the Andraka Consulting Group, Inc. 401/884-7930 Fax 401/884-7950 email ray@andraka.com http://www.andraka.com "They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin, 1759
I am using the exact same RAM with Ateras SDRAM controller, which has
source with it. Are you doing this just for academic purposes? I would
suggest looking at their core, just because I know it works :)