S3e starter kits available

Started by Alex Gibson December 27, 2005
According to the front page of xilinx's site but not yet in the web shop.

http://www.xilinx.com/xlnx/xebiz/designResources/ip_product_details.jsp?key=HW-SPAR3E-DK

With double the amounts of ram and flash than origonally announced.

Now if only xilinx sold digilentincs addon cards
so could get some decent shipping charges.

Alex

Alex Gibson wrote:
> According to the front page of xilinx's site but not yet in the web shop. > > http://www.xilinx.com/xlnx/xebiz/designResources/ip_product_details.jsp?key=HW-SPAR3E-DK > > With double the amounts of ram and flash than origonally announced. > > Now if only xilinx sold digilentincs addon cards > so could get some decent shipping charges. > > Alex
It's been front-(wb)page news for 2 days and it's *still* not at the online store. If it's available, what's the proper way to get hold of one? Do I need to contact my local sales guy for a development board? We're a big account but I don't want to bother with a PO in this "belt tightening" era so I'll just buy the darned thing myself and use it at work and home. Best way to do this is the online store. Where else *should* I go?
"John_H" <johnhandwork@mail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Alex Gibson wrote: >> According to the front page of xilinx's site but not yet in the web shop. >> >> http://www.xilinx.com/xlnx/xebiz/designResources/ip_product_details.jsp?key=HW-SPAR3E-DK >> >> With double the amounts of ram and flash than origonally announced. >> >> Now if only xilinx sold digilentincs addon cards >> so could get some decent shipping charges. >> >> Alex > > It's been front-(wb)page news for 2 days and it's *still* not at the > online store. If it's available, what's the proper way to get hold of > one? Do I need to contact my local sales guy for a development board? > > We're a big account but I don't want to bother with a PO in this "belt > tightening" era so I'll just buy the darned thing myself and use it at > work and home. Best way to do this is the online store. Where else > *should* I go?
strange, when I registered the 25USD off from the Spartan3e starterkit price I was provided to online order link directly, but I cancelled out. but it looked like the online ordering was available Antti
On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 17:59:50 +0000, John_H wrote:

> Alex Gibson wrote: >> According to the front page of xilinx's site but not yet in the web >> shop. >> >> http://www.xilinx.com/xlnx/xebiz/designResources/ip_product_details.jsp?key=HW-SPAR3E-DK >> >> With double the amounts of ram and flash than origonally announced. >> >> Now if only xilinx sold digilentincs addon cards so could get some >> decent shipping charges. >> >> Alex > > It's been front-(wb)page news for 2 days and it's *still* not at the > online store. If it's available, what's the proper way to get hold of > one? Do I need to contact my local sales guy for a development board? > > We're a big account but I don't want to bother with a PO in this "belt > tightening" era so I'll just buy the darned thing myself and use it at > work and home. Best way to do this is the online store. Where else > *should* I go?
I was sure hoping this would be available before the end of the year. Money is in the budget for this year, but now it looks like I'll have to go through the budget process again after the first of the year. I wish Xilinx understood the end of year money cycle and would go ahead and let you order. -- Joe Chisolm Phoenix Arizona USA
>"Joe Chisolm" <nospam@nospam.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag >news:pan.2005.12.30.19.11.56.547536@nospam.org... > On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 17:59:50 +0000, John_H wrote: > >> Alex Gibson wrote: >>> According to the front page of xilinx's site but not yet in the web >>> shop. >>> >>> http://www.xilinx.com/xlnx/xebiz/designResources/ip_product_details.jsp?key=HW-SPAR3E-DK >>> >>> With double the amounts of ram and flash than origonally announced. >>> >>> Now if only xilinx sold digilentincs addon cards so could get some >>> decent shipping charges. >>> >>> Alex >> >> It's been front-(wb)page news for 2 days and it's *still* not at the >> online store. If it's available, what's the proper way to get hold of >> one? Do I need to contact my local sales guy for a development board? >> >> We're a big account but I don't want to bother with a PO in this "belt >> tightening" era so I'll just buy the darned thing myself and use it at >> work and home. Best way to do this is the online store. Where else >> *should* I go? > > I was sure hoping this would be available before the end of the year. > Money is in the budget for this year, but now it looks like I'll > have to go through the budget process again after the first of the > year. I wish Xilinx understood the end of year money cycle and > would go ahead and let you order. > -- > Joe Chisolm > Phoenix Arizona USA >
Hi Joe, you are right - Xilinx kind of promised that "December is the month" ! and oh I know very good that the "year end money" is something that needs to be used, and its really pain if some item that was scheduled to be ordered before the end of the year can not be ordered. you could try there http://www.xilinx.com/s3ediscount but I am afraid it may as well not lead to the actual online entry form :( -- Antti Lukats http://www.xilant.com
On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 20:18:53 +0100, Antti Lukats wrote:

>>"Joe Chisolm" <nospam@nospam.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag >>news:pan.2005.12.30.19.11.56.547536@nospam.org... >> On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 17:59:50 +0000, John_H wrote: >>
[snip]
> Hi Joe, > > you are right - Xilinx kind of promised that "December is the month" ! > > and oh I know very good that the "year end money" is something that needs > to be used, and its really pain if some item that was scheduled to be > ordered before the end of the year can not be ordered. > > you could try there > > http://www.xilinx.com/s3ediscount > > but I am afraid it may as well not lead to the actual online entry form :(
Thanks for the link. You are right, the starter kit link just takes you to the online store and you cannot order there. -- Joe Chisolm Phoenix Arizona USA
> On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 20:18:53 +0100, Antti Lukats wrote: > >>>"Joe Chisolm" <nospam@nospam.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag >>>news:pan.2005.12.30.19.11.56.547536@nospam.org... >>> On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 17:59:50 +0000, John_H wrote: >>> > [snip] >> Hi Joe, >> >> you are right - Xilinx kind of promised that "December is the month" ! >> >> and oh I know very good that the "year end money" is something that needs >> to be used, and its really pain if some item that was scheduled to be >> ordered before the end of the year can not be ordered. >> >> you could try there >> >> http://www.xilinx.com/s3ediscount >> >> but I am afraid it may as well not lead to the actual online entry form >> :( > > Thanks for the link. You are right, the starter kit link just > takes you to the online store and you cannot order there. > > -- > Joe Chisolm > Phoenix Arizona USA >
ok, sorry, I landed somewhere where it told me that I need to complete the order if I proceed, so I cancelled at that point as I did not want to order, so I did not know if there was actual order entry or not. Sorry - as time is running out so it seems that there is nothing more todo. -- Antti Lukats http://www.xilant.com
FYI the Xilinx store has been updated with a Feb 2006 date for the s3e
starter kit. Ironically the Xilinx front page has a link to 'Buy Your
Full-featured Spartan-3E Starter Kit Today'. Oops.

cheers,
aaron

<aholtzma@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> FYI the Xilinx store has been updated with a Feb 2006 date for the s3e > starter kit. Ironically the Xilinx front page has a link to 'Buy Your > Full-featured Spartan-3E Starter Kit Today'. Oops. > > cheers, > aaron >
Hi Aaron, give them a brake - and read what they write Xilinx frontpage: "Spartan3 logo" - not 3E! "All Spartan3e in Production" - I dont know about 1200 and 1600 but I have s3e 100, 250 and 500 here, so those at least are real
> buy A Starterkit - no reference to S3e or immediate availability !!
so the front page has been carefully edited :) dont try to read what is not there, there is no "buy s3e kit now", that text isnt there. hum the development board page says s3e starterkit is available Q405 !!! possible Xilinx webmaster is on vaccation (or fired?) and notice that online store doesnt say that the S3e starterkit will be available Feb 2005, it only says 'targetted' meaning : nothing at all Antti http://www.cesys.com seems to be the only vendor selling and shipping s3e500 based boards today, well at a bit higher price than the starterkit
Top right under "Tech Spotlight"
  "Buy Your Full-featured Spartan-3E Starter Kit Today"

The big graphic block has the Spartan-3 test with 3e production quote.

My grumbling is loud.  I didn't get any toys for Christmas this year.

I'm wondering if a Spartan-4 starter kit (if ever there will be such a
thing) would best be produced by one of us newsgroup folks rather than
waiting for the dragging feet.  Like many others, I can deal with ECNs on
the first boards out of the chute so I'm lost with respect to the delay.