How do I instantiate an ADSU8 in ISE7.1i?

Started by Paul Marciano December 30, 2005
Hi,

I am trying to use the ADSU8 library element in ISE7.1i.  The libraries
guide says its inferred by HDL (Verilog in my case) but does not give
an example.

I can create it with the schematic editor but not with Verilog.

I have tried to express the unit in a number of different ways.  Rather
than embarrass myself by posting bad code, I'll just ask the question -
is there a trick to it?

Thanks,
Paul.

"Paul Marciano" <pm940@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi, > > I am trying to use the ADSU8 library element in ISE7.1i. The libraries > guide says its inferred by HDL (Verilog in my case) but does not give > an example. > > I can create it with the schematic editor but not with Verilog. > > I have tried to express the unit in a number of different ways. Rather > than embarrass myself by posting bad code, I'll just ask the question - > is there a trick to it? > > Thanks, > Paul. >
Hi Paul, there are tricks and 'need to know' things all around. I am using ISE schematic as kinda coregen, inserting a single component onto empty schematic and then looking at functional code of it and copying over the stuff into vhdl or verilog. that way I get allways things done. -- Antti Lukats http://www.xilant.com