XC9500 JTAG Initialize problem

Started by Chelam February 25, 2006
Hai

XC9500 is not initialized and .log file directing me to look for hardware
config problems.
I have Connected Parallel cable and using JTAG interface(assembled).  All
of JTAG Connections and VCC, GND connections were made properly
The Part Iam tring to use :PLCC84-15.
The software ( ISE3.3i)  has been  tried on both win-98 and
Win-2000.Hardware
working with Pentium IV processor.

When observed on scope, I have seen glitches on TDI TDO and TCk pins.As
suggested in Parallel III cable, I am using HC125 ICs. How to kill them.

Any suggestions!

Thanks
Chelam

serial R + C to gnd, sometimes helps

Whereabouts are you using the HC125 devices? Are you sure you haven't
inadvertantly inverted the signals?
A schematic or pinout would be helpful... (post it online somewhere and link
to it)

Like Antii says, a quick solution is potentially an RC to remove the
glitches, but it would nice to know exactly what's going on.

BTW: You should try moving away from the old foundation software... but I
guess your cable isn't supported for newer versions... In any event I use a
Parallel Cable IV with the XC9500, still using ISE7.1, will upgrade to 8
when it settles down. It works very well.

Ben

"Chelam" <scpadala@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hai > > XC9500 is not initialized and .log file directing me to look for hardware > config problems. > I have Connected Parallel cable and using JTAG interface(assembled). All > of JTAG Connections and VCC, GND connections were made properly > The Part Iam tring to use :PLCC84-15. > The software ( ISE3.3i) has been tried on both win-98 and > Win-2000.Hardware > working with Pentium IV processor. > > When observed on scope, I have seen glitches on TDI TDO and TCk pins.As > suggested in Parallel III cable, I am using HC125 ICs. How to kill them. > > Any suggestions! > > Thanks > Chelam > >

I was able to program my first XC9572 using a parallel jtag and ISE8.1.
Of course ISE8.1 crash often but you can live with that (it does usually
when u exit a tool ... )