detailed description on the archetecture of FPGA's/CPLD's

Started by Guru Prasad May 3, 2006
Hello,

I am verry new to this Field and i would be verry happy if anybody would sujjest me a link or any document which gives me an idea on what an FPGA/CPLD is and its arcitecture,how a vhdl code is actually implmented in these... Regards, Guru Prasad
go to one of the main PLD/FPGA vendors websites and take a look,
download some datasheets and/or application notes.
or just google for "FPGA". If you able to post a message here, it means
you have access to internet, so just spend some time learning
Have fun,
Aurash

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FPGA http://www.fpga4fun.com/ Other than that (simplified) it's a chip that can react to any digital input and send any digital output according to your programming. FPGA - Programming loaded at every startup. Fast & Big. CPLD - Retains programming but have less capacity. (hope I got it right :)
>Hello, > >I am verry new to this Field and i would be verry happy if anybody would sujjest > me a link or any document which gives me an idea on what an FPGA/CPLD is and > its arcitecture,how a vhdl code is actually implmented in these... > Regards, Guru Prasad
So, you're new to the field and don't know what an FPGA/CPLD is, but you want a "detailed description" of the architecture? You're new to the field, but you want to know how the VHDL is implemented in the devices? This is like a man who says he doesn't know what a car is, but wants a "detailed description" of the engine management system and how it's algorithms are implemented in an embedded processor. My advice is to give up now. If your first action is to throw up your hands and ask for help, you've no chance. If you know how to send a message to this group, then you know how to use a search engine. A year ago, I was "verry new to this Field". I'm still new to it. Maybe in another five years I'll be able to claim an average competence. But neither of us will get there the way you're going.