High-speed ADC+ Rocket I/O capability FPGA board

Started by Vivek Menon July 20, 2006
Hi everyone,
I am looking to buy a board that has the following features:
1. High-speed ADC
2. Xilinx Virtex-2Pro or Virtex-4 FPGA with Rocket I/O capability

I looked at the Xilinx development boards (the matrix_Xdev_board
brochure) and could not find one with Rocket I/O and the ADC. The
closest product I have with a high-speed ADC and an FPGA is National
Semiconductor's ADC08D1500 Dev board(arnd $3800). However, I want to
Rocket I/O as well to communicate with other FPGA boards and sensors or
peripherals connected to it.

Please let me know if you know of a product that has these features.
Thanks in advance,
Vivek

try the "Xilinx Virtex-II Pro FF672 Kit" from Avnet it's about $1000
(DS-KIT-2VP7FF672-NE)
then get ahold of some "P160 Analogue" modules from Avnet they're $275 each
(DS-KIT-P160-ANALOG1)
...About 1/3rd the price of the N.S.
Ben

"Vivek Menon" <vivek.menon79@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi everyone, > I am looking to buy a board that has the following features: > 1. High-speed ADC > 2. Xilinx Virtex-2Pro or Virtex-4 FPGA with Rocket I/O capability > > I looked at the Xilinx development boards (the matrix_Xdev_board > brochure) and could not find one with Rocket I/O and the ADC. The > closest product I have with a high-speed ADC and an FPGA is National > Semiconductor's ADC08D1500 Dev board(arnd $3800). However, I want to > Rocket I/O as well to communicate with other FPGA boards and sensors or > peripherals connected to it. > > Please let me know if you know of a product that has these features. > Thanks in advance, > Vivek >
Vivek

How many channels of high speed do need?

The ADC08D1500 we have been looking at as a possibility of doing a
module and maybe I can get fitted in sooner than later. We are running
a batch of modules of the right level of technology soon.

Give us some detail we just might be able to come up with something.

John Adair
Enterpoint Ltd.

Vivek Menon wrote:
> Hi everyone, > I am looking to buy a board that has the following features: > 1. High-speed ADC > 2. Xilinx Virtex-2Pro or Virtex-4 FPGA with Rocket I/O capability > > I looked at the Xilinx development boards (the matrix_Xdev_board > brochure) and could not find one with Rocket I/O and the ADC. The > closest product I have with a high-speed ADC and an FPGA is National > Semiconductor's ADC08D1500 Dev board(arnd $3800). However, I want to > Rocket I/O as well to communicate with other FPGA boards and sensors or > peripherals connected to it. > > Please let me know if you know of a product that has these features. > Thanks in advance, > Vivek
Hi John,
I am doubtful if anything can be done on ADC08D1500 as it supports a
Virtex4 LX15 that does not have Rocket I/O capability.
Vivek

John Adair wrote:
> Vivek > > How many channels of high speed do need? > > The ADC08D1500 we have been looking at as a possibility of doing a > module and maybe I can get fitted in sooner than later. We are running > a batch of modules of the right level of technology soon. > > Give us some detail we just might be able to come up with something. > > John Adair > Enterpoint Ltd. > > Vivek Menon wrote: > > Hi everyone, > > I am looking to buy a board that has the following features: > > 1. High-speed ADC > > 2. Xilinx Virtex-2Pro or Virtex-4 FPGA with Rocket I/O capability > > > > I looked at the Xilinx development boards (the matrix_Xdev_board > > brochure) and could not find one with Rocket I/O and the ADC. The > > closest product I have with a high-speed ADC and an FPGA is National > > Semiconductor's ADC08D1500 Dev board(arnd $3800). However, I want to > > Rocket I/O as well to communicate with other FPGA boards and sensors or > > peripherals connected to it. > > > > Please let me know if you know of a product that has these features. > > Thanks in advance, > > Vivek
IIRC each and every pin of a virtex4-LX supports the required 750MHz.

Kolja Sulimma