Re: Stratix-III announced

Started by unkn...@aol.com November 11, 2006
Personnaly, I'm also waiting for Cyclone III. Looks promising.
By the way, I've been told that MAX III is also on the way ... and that NIOS II will be
supported :o)

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.5 Beta 5
 * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

unknown@aol.com wrote:

> Personnaly, I'm also waiting for Cyclone III. Looks promising. > By the way, I've been told that MAX III is also on the way ... and that NIOS II will be > supported :o)
Yes, but with how much left over ?! :) IIRC Xilinx have a MB Coolrunner demo, that surely no one has ever deployed in the field - but I did see it as a good tools-flow tester. -jg
Jim Granville schrieb:

> unknown@aol.com wrote: > > > Personnaly, I'm also waiting for Cyclone III. Looks promising. > > By the way, I've been told that MAX III is also on the way ... and that NIOS II will be > > supported :o) > > Yes, but with how much left over ?! :) > > IIRC Xilinx have a MB Coolrunner demo, that surely no one has ever > deployed in the field - but I did see it as a good tools-flow tester. > > -jg
IIRC wrong. there is special PLD version of the PicoPlaze but MB never fits any xilinx PLD Antti
Gentlemen,
Try to be reasonable. All the devices you are mentioning don't exist
today. They might be underway but still ... not available.
The moment you have the features available, you are allready thinking
of new nice-to-have's. IMHO this is more academic then reality.
I'm still designing with 1st generation LatticeEC's and XP's,
concidering ECP2 or ECP2M's but not looking further. If my customer
asks me to work with Altera, then I'm proposing C2 (good
availability), but again, not looking further.

Both S3 and V5 are too new (this counts for ECP2M as well). When the
project is ready in say 3 months, I want to have silicon. I hate to
tell my customers that they need to wait for their proto for another 6
months because the core of the system is not available yet!

Regards,

Luc

On 11 Nov 2006 09:46:13 GMT, unknown (unknown@aol.com) wrote:

>Personnaly, I'm also waiting for Cyclone III. Looks promising. >By the way, I've been told that MAX III is also on the way ... and that NIOS II will be >supported :o) > > >---------------------------------------------- >Posted with NewsLeecher v3.5 Beta 5 > * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet
lb....@telenet.be schrieb:
> Gentlemen, > Try to be reasonable. All the devices you are mentioning don't exist > today. They might be underway but still ... not available. > The moment you have the features available, you are allready thinking > of new nice-to-have's. IMHO this is more academic then reality. > I'm still designing with 1st generation LatticeEC's and XP's, > concidering ECP2 or ECP2M's but not looking further. If my customer > asks me to work with Altera, then I'm proposing C2 (good > availability), but again, not looking further. > > Both S3 and V5 are too new (this counts for ECP2M as well). When the > project is ready in say 3 months, I want to have silicon. I hate to > tell my customers that they need to wait for their proto for another 6 > months because the core of the system is not available yet! > > Regards, > > Luc
Virtex-5 are pretty much real and available also, for Stratix-3, ECP2M the availability is not yet there yet, thats correct. Antti PS Cyclone-3 is scheduled to be announced mid DEC2005
"Antti" <Antti.Lukats@xilant.com> wrote in message

> PS Cyclone-3 is scheduled to be announced mid DEC2005
As soon as that? :-) Will
lb.edc@telenet.be wrote:
> Gentlemen, > Try to be reasonable. All the devices you are mentioning don't exist > today. They might be underway but still ... not available. > The moment you have the features available, you are allready thinking > of new nice-to-have's. IMHO this is more academic then reality.
This _is_ a newsgroup ? Should the posts be restricted only to last years devices, and never to next years ?
> I'm still designing with 1st generation LatticeEC's and XP's, > concidering ECP2 or ECP2M's but not looking further. If my customer > asks me to work with Altera, then I'm proposing C2 (good > availability), but again, not looking further. > > Both S3 and V5 are too new (this counts for ECP2M as well). When the > project is ready in say 3 months, I want to have silicon. I hate to > tell my customers that they need to wait for their proto for another 6 > months because the core of the system is not available yet!
I don't recall any of the posts saying they had designs held up ? It is of general interest to see what the vendors have fixed, and who has learnt from their past mistakes, or their competitors ? As to when a device is 'ready' to use in a commercial design, that's a quite different issue :) -jg
Antti wrote:
> PS Cyclone-3 is scheduled to be announced mid DEC2005
and the schedule for MAX II ? -jg
Antti wrote:
> PS Cyclone-3 is scheduled to be announced mid DEC2005
and the schedule for MAX III ? (oops, MAX III, of course ) -jg
> Virtex-5 are pretty much real and available also, for Stratix-3, > ECP2M the availability is not yet there yet, thats correct.
I've had ECP2M35 samples for 3-4 weeks now. That is at least real if not "available". Ricky.