How do I make use of local-clocks in a Virtex-2 FPGA?

Started by Kelv...@ SG January 5, 2004
Hi, there:
I saw this statement in Virtex-2 datasheet, how do I make use of these local
clocks?
Is there any documents on these local clocks?

Best Regards,
Kelvin

Local Clocking
In addition to global clocks, there are local clock resources
in the Virtex-II devices. There are more than 72 local clocks
in the Virtex-II family. These resources can be used for
many different applications, including but not limited to
memory interfaces. For example, even using only the left
and right I/O banks, Virtex-II FPGAs can support up to 50
local clocks for DDR SDRAM. These interfaces can operate
beyond 200 MHz on Virtex-II devices.

Please see ...

XAPP609 "Local Clocking Resources in Virtex-II Devices"
http://www.xilinx.com/bvdocs/appnotes/xapp609.pdf
Steven K. Knapp
Applications Manager, Xilinx Inc.
General Products Division