ISE/EDK Kubuntu linux installation issues

Started by MM May 29, 2007
"MM" <mbmsv@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> OK, I am now a little bit stuck with the EDK... When I try to start it, it > says the following: > > _xps: error while loading shared libraries: libPortability.so : cannot > open shared object file : no such file or directory.
I found that this library is in fact in the ISE directory $XILINX/bin/lin. I copied it into $XILINX_EDK/bin/lin (which is set to LD_LIBRARY_PATH) and it complained about another library, which I also found in the ISE tree. After I copied a few dozens of these libraries xps finally started, but with a blank window :( Arghh... What am I missing here?... I am posting the same question on Ubuntu forum in the "Xilinx on Ubuntu" thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=2763922#post2763922 Thanks, /Mikhail
The problem has been solved:

$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$XILINX/bin/lin

/Mikhail

Hi,
I am running Ubuntu Linux 7.04 in VMware Fusion on my MacBook.
I have described the whole process of installing and using Xilinx
ISE/EDK 9.1 software on the ML403 evaluation board.
See my blog: www.fpgafromscratch.com

Sven