Start-up Xilkernel on Microblaze

Started by Yannick November 24, 2007
Hi,

How many long Xilkernel take to startup with microblaze (System
Clock : 50 MHz).
On my design, the Microblaze need more than 30 second to create the
first thread after xil_kernel_main().

Regards,

Yannick
"Yannick" <yannick.deal@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, > > How many long Xilkernel take to startup with microblaze (System > Clock : 50 MHz). > On my design, the Microblaze need more than 30 second to create the > first thread after xil_kernel_main().
Sounds like you have a large context switch interval configured. Check the value for the parameter systmr_internal (specified in milliseconds) in the kernel configuration. Also check if an incorrect value has been provided to systmr_freq. Assuming these two values are correct, the first context switch should take around about the time you have specified for systmr_interval. Note the kernel initialization time is dependent on the numbers you have configured for the various kernel features like number of threads/semaphores -- but unless you threw in a huge number there, this overhead should be negligible.
On 26 nov, 20:33, "Vasanth Asokan" <vasa...@xilinx.com> wrote:
> "Yannick" <yannick.d...@gmail.com> wrote in message > > news:04025b14-3c87-4269-a234-f2837cff8cd7@w28g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > > > Hi, > > > How many long Xilkernel take to startup with microblaze (System > > Clock : 50 MHz). > > On my design, the Microblaze need more than 30 second to create the > > first thread after xil_kernel_main(). > > Sounds like you have a large context switch interval configured. Check the > value for the parameter systmr_internal (specified in milliseconds) in the > kernel configuration. Also check if an incorrect value has been provided to > systmr_freq. Assuming these two values are correct, the first context switch > should take around about the time you have specified for systmr_interval. > Note the kernel initialization time is dependent on the numbers you have > configured for the various kernel features like number of > threads/semaphores -- but unless you threw in a huge number there, this > overhead should be negligible.
when I remove verbose mode, xilkernel start-up in less than 1 second. Yannick