buying fpga kits in denmark

Started by deep...@gmail.com January 26, 2008
Hi ,

Can anybody give me some information on buying fpga kits in
denmark? ..iam interested in the altera cyclone 3 starter kit! .,guess
its possible to order from Altera directly , but i might have to deal
with the import procedure myself ...I tried farnell elektronics
denmark (http://dk.farnell.com/jsp/home/homepage.jsp) ..but afaik they
deal only with companies and not individuals

any information will be helpful

Thank You,

Deepak
You can order pretty much anywhere within the EU without any issues. I
am in Germany and regularly order in the UK.

Try
http://www.trenz-electronic.de/products/fpga-boards.html
or
http://www.silica.com/products/manufacturers/xilinx.html

Kolja Sulimma

On 26 Jan., 15:29, "deepa...@gmail.com" <deepa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi , > > Can anybody give me some information on buying fpga kits in > denmark? ..iam interested in the altera cyclone 3 starter kit! .,guess > its possible to order from Altera directly , but i might have to deal > with the import procedure myself ...I tried farnell elektronics > denmark (http://dk.farnell.com/jsp/home/homepage.jsp) ..but afaik they > deal only with companies and not individuals > > any information will be helpful > > Thank You, > > Deepak
As Kolja said importing from anywhere in the EEC should be easy. As an
individual any selling company will apply the local VAT rate which
varys a little between the EEC countries. Watch out for carriage
charges as some some companies do charge a bit over the odds
sometimes.

If you purchase outside of the EEC say from the US the courier/postal
service may levy a charge for handling the VAT or other taxation
collection. If use a curier like FEDEX etc. they usually they handle
this very smoothly and delivery can usually be quick. As an example we
do this every day in the opposite direction where we usually deliver
from the UK next day, or next day + 1, into the US depending on
whether an order meets our shipping cutoff time.

John adair
Enterpoint Ltd. - Home of Craignell. The DIL FPGA Module.

On 26 Jan, 21:44, "comp.arch.fpga" <ksuli...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> You can order pretty much anywhere within the EU without any issues. I > am in Germany and regularly order in the UK. > > Tryhttp://www.trenz-electronic.de/products/fpga-boards.html > orhttp://www.silica.com/products/manufacturers/xilinx.html > > Kolja Sulimma > > On 26 Jan., 15:29, "deepa...@gmail.com" <deepa...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > > > Hi , > > > Can anybody give me some information on buying fpga kits in > > denmark? ..iam interested in the altera cyclone 3 starter kit! .,guess > > its possible to order from Altera directly , but i might have to deal > > with the import procedure myself ...I tried farnell elektronics > > denmark (http://dk.farnell.com/jsp/home/homepage.jsp) ..but afaik they > > deal only with companies and not individuals > > > any information will be helpful > > > Thank You, > > > Deepak- Hide quoted text - > > - Show quoted text -
>If you purchase outside of the EEC say from the US the courier/postal >service may levy a charge for handling the VAT or other taxation >collection. If use a curier like FEDEX etc. they usually they handle >this very smoothly
Couriers like Fedex etc. often charge an excessive fee for cleearance- normal postal service are usually preferable in this respect but this may vary by country.