Verilog and VHDL mix

Started by Remis Norvilis February 12, 2004
I wonder if it is possible to synthesize on one chip  VHDL and Verilog IP
cores. I suppose the VHDL to Verilog or vice versa translator could be
used.
Ideas are welcome.

Remis
--

To reply, remove >.spam< and >.fake<
Can't you do that with Synplify?  If not, you can always synthesize blocks

"Remis Norvilis" <Norvilis.spam@charter.net.fake> wrote in message
> I wonder if it is possible to synthesize on one chip VHDL and Verilog IP > cores. I suppose the VHDL to Verilog or vice versa translator could be > used. > Ideas are welcome. > > Remis > -- > > ************************************************ > To reply, remove >.spam< and >.fake<
You can usually do mixed language if you are prepared to pay lots of money
for licenses. But if your doing Xilinx, or maybe something else, then have a
look at the second method outlined here
http://www.enterpoint.co.uk/techitips.html . You can synthesis with XST in
both Verilog and VHDL. I can't confirm if you can do both at once in one
project I would need to check that. If I was doing on a design that is big
enough to warrant 2 languages I would usually break it down into some kind
of increment / modular flow anyway.

You can also use ISE toolset to write out a module in another language. It
is there mainly for simulation but you can use it otherwise.

John Adair
Enterpoint Ltd.

This message is the personal opinion of the sender and not that necessarily
that of Enterpoint Ltd.. Readers should make their own evaluation of the
facts. No responsibility for error or inaccuracy is accepted.

Remis Norvilis <Norvilis.spam@charter.net.fake> writes:

> I wonder if it is possible to synthesize on one chip VHDL and Verilog IP > cores. I suppose the VHDL to Verilog or vice versa translator could be > used. > Ideas are welcome.
Current versions of Xilinx XST, Altera Quartus, and Synplify Pro all support mixed verilog/VHDL designs. David
On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 09:26:44 -0000, "John Adair"
<newsreply@loseinspace.co.uk> wrote:

>You can usually do mixed language if you are prepared to pay lots of money >for licenses. But if your doing Xilinx, or maybe something else, then have a >look at the second method outlined here >http://www.enterpoint.co.uk/techitips.html . You can synthesis with XST in >both Verilog and VHDL. I can't confirm if you can do both at once in one >project I would need to check that.
You can use both at once in the current version of XST. Regards, Allan.