Starting problems with ISE 9.2.04i (WebPack+ServicePack)...unable to set Spartan-3E as target

Started by pallavi February 3, 2008
Hello,
I want to set up design environment for my new Spartan-3E FPGA starter
kit.
I have downloaded ISE WebPack 9.2 and the service pack 9.2i SP4.
To my dismay, when I want to point to my target device at the start or
later(Set Properties for project), the Family drop-down, doesnot show
of all the things, Spartan-3E.

These options are available: Some Coolrunners, some CPLD's, Spartan 3A
DSP and Spartan 3A and 3AN.

I tried with Spartan-3A DSP and FPGA, but after bitstream generation,
when I want to flash the design, there is some error, which is
obviously because of wrong target device.

Did I do something wrong. Can anyone, please lead me to a good 'how
to' about this problem and also to start and set up my environment.

Where can I get it to point it to synthesise for Spartan-3E?  Do I
have to use a previous version like 8.2 from the DVD, that came with
the kit?

It took a whole night to install Webpack 9.2 from internet. And I
suppose  ISE 9.2 supports 3E, atleast it mentions that it supports,
but where?

Please enlighten me.
Thanks.
Pallavi
pallavi wrote:
> Hello, > I want to set up design environment for my new Spartan-3E FPGA starter > kit. > I have downloaded ISE WebPack 9.2 and the service pack 9.2i SP4. > To my dismay, when I want to point to my target device at the start or > later(Set Properties for project), the Family drop-down, doesnot show > of all the things, Spartan-3E. >
I don't know what's wrong with your setup, but I'm using ISE WebPack 9.2.04i, and it shows the Spartan-3E devices.
Same here.. It is working fine for me too.  You might want to remove the
instalation and re-install the software.*CRINGE*

On Feb 4, 8:11 pm, "Dwayne Dilbeck" <ddilb...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Same here.. It is working fine for me too. You might want to remove the > instalation and re-install the software.*CRINGE* > > "Arlet Ottens" <usene...@c-scape.nl> wrote in message > > news:47a5a30e$0$85789$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl... > > > pallavi wrote: > >> Hello, > >> I want to set up design environment for my new Spartan-3E FPGA starter > >> kit. > >> I have downloaded ISE WebPack 9.2 and the service pack 9.2i SP4. > >> To my dismay, when I want to point to my target device at the start or > >> later(Set Properties for project), the Family drop-down, doesnot show > >> of all the things, Spartan-3E. > > > I don't know what's wrong with your setup, but I'm using ISE WebPack > > 9.2.04i, and it shows the Spartan-3E devices.
Yes, i had to remove and reinstall and it worked. It was probably the sleepy web install overnight, at the first instance.