Chipscope

Started by Unknown March 17, 2008
Hi!
 We are students working on implementing FFT on FPGA, virtex 4. We
used Chipscope to test our code and capture signals off the hardware
while its running.
when we tried to test an 8 bit adder using chipscope, in the ILA core,
we constantly got an error which said 'waiting for core to be armed'.
We understand that this indicates that appropriate trigger signal has
not been provided. We've tried everything possible but we're not able
to figure out how to provided an appropriate trigger.

some of the things we tried:
1) specified the two 8 bit inputs as trigger
2) specified the clock as trigger.

Both the above had failed. So please help us by telling how to
proceed.
Have you read:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/index.htm

Search for:

chipscope trigger

Lots and lots of things that might help.

Austin
<chithrakn@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi! > we constantly got an error which said 'waiting for core to be armed'.
I bet your clock is/has stopped. HTH.,Syms
Check the clock you attached to ILA clock input...
On Mar 18, 2:28=A0am, chithr...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi! > =A0We are students working on implementing FFT on FPGA, virtex 4. We > used Chipscope to test our code and capture signals off the hardware > while its running. > when we tried to test an 8 bit adder using chipscope, in the ILA core, > we constantly got an error which said 'waiting for core to be armed'. > We understand that this indicates that appropriate trigger signal has > not been provided. We've tried everything possible but we're not able > to figure out how to provided an appropriate trigger. > > some of the things we tried: > 1) specified the two 8 bit inputs as trigger > 2) specified the clock as trigger. > > Both the above had failed. So please help us by telling how to > proceed.
This happens mostly when you dont connect a clock input to the ILA.
On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 14:28:50 -0700 (PDT), chithrakn@gmail.com wrote:

>Hi! > We are students working on implementing FFT on FPGA, virtex 4. We >used Chipscope to test our code and capture signals off the hardware >while its running. >when we tried to test an 8 bit adder using chipscope, in the ILA core, >we constantly got an error which said 'waiting for core to be armed'. >We understand that this indicates that appropriate trigger signal has >not been provided. We've tried everything possible but we're not able >to figure out how to provided an appropriate trigger. > >some of the things we tried: >1) specified the two 8 bit inputs as trigger >2) specified the clock as trigger. > >Both the above had failed. So please help us by telling how to >proceed.
First specify the trigger condition as all X'es, (essentially, trigger immediately), and see if it runs. If not, suspect the clock is not connected. If it does run, then clock is OK but your trigger condition is not occurring ... specify simpler trigger conditions until you find out why not... - Brian