Will Modelsim XE 6.3c (Win32) run in Linux/WINE?

Started by arko June 15, 2008
I've seen messages from regular posters saying that they
run Modelsim/XE Starter Edition in Linux.  This evidently
works for the node-locked 'disk-id' based licenses.

But if you have a full license, on a USB-dongle or other
physical key, will Modelsim/XE still work under WINE?

On Jun 15, 5:33 pm, "arko" <a...@winnet.com> wrote:
> I've seen messages from regular posters saying that they > run Modelsim/XE Starter Edition in Linux. This evidently > works for the node-locked 'disk-id' based licenses. > > But if you have a full license, on a USB-dongle or other > physical key, will Modelsim/XE still work under WINE?
Will since WINE doesn't support the Windows USB interface yet, I would say no to that. If the device is a parallel port, it's possible that it could be used over the parallel port, so long as it doesn't require ECP, since that requires root privileges and running WINE as root is a big no-no. -- Mike
On Jun 15, 2:33 pm, "arko" <a...@winnet.com> wrote:
> I've seen messages from regular posters saying that they > run Modelsim/XE Starter Edition in Linux. This evidently > works for the node-locked 'disk-id' based licenses. > > But if you have a full license, on a USB-dongle or other > physical key, will Modelsim/XE still work under WINE?
Why bother? The native Linux version works so much better.
Hum.... Modelsim XE for Linux, keep on dreaming :-) I assume you mean Modelsim SE/LE/Questa which is N times more expensive! Hans www.ht-lab.com
On Jun 17, 9:50 am, "HT-Lab" <han...@ht-lab.com> wrote:
> "ghelbig" <ghel...@lycos.com> wrote in message > > news:8e662edc-f529-4fd2-930d-e4cfec5f1db6@l28g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > > > On Jun 15, 2:33 pm, "arko" <a...@winnet.com> wrote: > >> I've seen messages from regular posters saying that they > >> run Modelsim/XE Starter Edition in Linux. This evidently > >> works for the node-locked 'disk-id' based licenses. > > >> But if you have a full license, on a USB-dongle or other > >> physical key, will Modelsim/XE still work under WINE? > > > Why bother? The native Linux version works so much better. > > Hum.... Modelsim XE for Linux, keep on dreaming :-) > > I assume you mean Modelsim SE/LE/Questa which is N times more expensive! > > Hanswww.ht-lab.com
Oops. I missed the "XE" part. More coffee, please.
Milk no sugar for me please :-) Hans www.ht-lab.com