Re: Got UART Working!!! need syntax help with using ascii/buffer scheduling.

Started by Brian Drummond January 28, 2009
On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 18:17:41 -0800 (PST), jleslie48
<jon@jonathanleslie.com> wrote:

>On Jan 27, 7:08&#4294967295;pm, Brian Drummond <brian_drumm...@btconnect.com> >wrote:
>~Seriously; if you can treat this "bbfifo.vhd" as a black box, go >ahead >~ and use it. > >you're the second person today to tell me that. That's actually a bit >of a >comfort. So any throttling of the 16 bit buffer will have to be done >outside of >the bbfifo.vhd. I can live with that.
That's what the "half full" and "full" flags are for: if it's full, stop writing! If you need a bigger FIFO, or one with different features, (e.g. 16 bits in, 8 bits out) fire up Coregen and you'll have one in a few minutes, with a template to help you use it. Good luck - Brian