Please help me!!!!! ModelSim question...

Started by Simone Winkler August 27, 2003
Hello!

I am a newbie trying to perform a simulation with ModelSim...
I did a (very small) project with the Xilinx downloadable webpack - and as i
wanted to simulate it with modelsim, modelsim closed after the following
line:

#vsim -lib work -t 1ps -L xilinxcorelib testbench

the transcript file shows the following:

# Reading D:/Programme/Modeltech_5.5d/win32/../tcl/vsim/pref.tcl

my modelsim version is 5.5d - but i also tried 5.5e. Didn't work!
They always crash after the same line.
I already tried to reinstall everything - no change. I don't know what to do
anymore...please help me!!!!

Thanx,
Simone

"Simone Winkler" <simone.winkler@gmx.at> wrote in message news:<1062000650.772797@news.liwest.at>...
> Hello! > > I am a newbie trying to perform a simulation with ModelSim... > I did a (very small) project with the Xilinx downloadable webpack - and as i > wanted to simulate it with modelsim, modelsim closed after the following > line: > > #vsim -lib work -t 1ps -L xilinxcorelib testbench > > the transcript file shows the following: > > # Reading D:/Programme/Modeltech_5.5d/win32/../tcl/vsim/pref.tcl > > my modelsim version is 5.5d - but i also tried 5.5e. Didn't work! > They always crash after the same line. > I already tried to reinstall everything - no change. I don't know what to do > anymore...please help me!!!! > > Thanx, > Simone
Take a look to the file "transcript" in D:\Programme\Modeltech_5.5d\examples: before crashing some messages should have been written in it by the program, clarifying the cause of the crash. Hope this helps, G. Giachella