Ethernet development kit

Started by Kastil Jan March 4, 2010
Hi folks,
I would like to ask you for recomandation of the ethernet development kit
with FPGA (much preferably Xilinx's one). Our requirements are the low
power, as big FPGA as possible and at least 3 ethernet ports at 1Gbps.

I am not sure it there is currently such kit being distributed, because I
was not able to find it by google.

Please, could you send information about kits, that could meet the
requirements? (or are close to them?)

Thank you very much

Jan
Jan,

You may want to consider the XUP V5 pcb (university program ML505,
with a xc5vlx110t).

It has one ethernet port, and one MGT to sma connectors.  It also has
a bank of uncommitted IO pins brought out to a header.  You might be
able to get a multiple port ethernet hardware interface on another
small pcb, and connect the two through the uncommitted IO.

Something to think about.

Also look at the new Virtex 6 pcbs, ML605, etc. and check out their
features, and the use of the new extension connector, and what sort of
extension boards are available.

http://www.xilinx.com/products/devkits/EK-V6-ML605-G.htm

http://www.xilinx.com/products/devkits/HW-FMC-XM104-G.htm

Austin

The Xilinx ML50x <http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ ml506.htm> has one GigE, one SGMII, and 3 other banks that would be trivial to wire as SGMII. Found with a 30-second Google search. RK
On Mar 4, 5:04=A0am, Kastil Jan <ikas...@stud.fit.vutbr.cz> wrote:
> Hi folks, > I would like to ask you for recomandation of the ethernet development kit > with FPGA (much preferably Xilinx's one). Our requirements are the low > power, as big FPGA as possible and at least 3 ethernet ports at 1Gbps. > > I am not sure it there is currently such kit being distributed, because I > was not able to find it by google. > > Please, could you send information about kits, that could meet the > requirements? (or are close to them?) > > Thank you very much > > Jan
The Digilent NetFPGA may suit your needs. It has 4 GigE Phys. Note the host interface is only PCI and thus can't get all (or even 1) gig ports in to the host but should be able to between ports if thats all you need to do and it is an old FPGA (Virtex 2) http://www.digilentinc.com/Products/Detail.cfm?NavPath=3D2,400,521&Prod=3DN= ETFPGA Note an alternatve to the phys are sfp slots (which some of the Xilinx boards have) are an option with copper sfps (or fibre if thats what you need). I'd be interested in anything else you find because I'm after a board with at least 2 gig phys and a PCIX or PCIe host bus that can get 2 gigs in to the host for packet capture (and haven't found one yet). Peter Van Epp
We have a 1Gbps Phy module coming that will fit most of our range. It
will fit most of development board range http://www.enterpoint.co.uk/boardproducts.html.

We also have Virtex-6 board coming that will also support 2 1Gbps
ports natively.

John Adair
Enterpoint Ltd. - Home of Drigmorn3. The Spartan-6 Starter Board.

--------------------------------------- Posted through http://www.FPGARelated.com
>Hi folks, >I would like to ask you for recomandation of the ethernet development kit
>with FPGA (much preferably Xilinx's one). Our requirements are the low >power, as big FPGA as possible and at least 3 ethernet ports at 1Gbps. > >I am not sure it there is currently such kit being distributed, because I
>was not able to find it by google. > >Please, could you send information about kits, that could meet the >requirements? (or are close to them?) > >Thank you very much > >Jan >
This project might be interesting for you: "This project implements the lower layers of a standard TCP/IP stack based on a free code from University of Queensland:... Compilation and simulation scripts using GHDL... Synthesis of the VHDL IP stack, using xilinx XST free tool ... Verification using specman..." h---://bknpk.no-ip.biz/my_web/IP_STACK/start_1.html --------------------------------------- Posted through http://www.FPGARelated.com